Today, I am going to post a write up from a fellow blogger, ktemoc, to help another blogger Yvonne Foong to raise funds for her operation.
Yvonne suffers from a genetic condition known as Neurofibromatosis, whereby tumours grow from nerve tissues, and besides producing disfigurement with multiple tumours visible on the skin, it also causes symptoms due to compression and destruction of tissues around the tumour.
I do not know Yvonne, but it is actually immaterials whether I know her or not. It is about helping a fellow human being , who is so unfortunate as to suffer from a disease which is affecting her eye sight.
The article is self explanatory. From KT’s blog:
I came to know of Yvonne Foong some years ago, when she blogged on the words of another blogger [sorry, no name please😉 ] which sort of riled me and better-known blogger desiderata. Of course I wasn’t mad with Yvonne, but only with the words of that ‘unnamed’ blogger … but anyway, that was how I know of Yvonne.
As my dear friend Marina Mahathir wrote: Yvonne is a young woman who’s been singlehandedly raising funds for the operations she needs to treat her neurofibromatosis which causes tumours to grow inside her body.
Can we please do something to support her, so that she needn’t be forced to do this all on her own?
Incidentally Marina tagged me for the ‘Save Yvonne’s Sight’ Meme.
She has already raised RM10,000 of this but obviously still has a long way to go. She’s hoping to raise the rest by republishing her book I’m Not Sick, Just A Little Bit Unwell in English and Chinese. The books are now available in Malaysian bookshops and from her website store. She is also selling T-shirts at bazaars and via her web site store. You can read about her surgery and donate to her fund here
1. Create a blog entry titled “Meme: Save Yvonne’s Sight”
2. List three things you love to see. Add in the picture of Yvonne’s book cover. The URL is http://www.yvonnefoong.com/images/banner/my-story.jpg
4. Tag 5 blog friends. Be sure to copy the rules, OK?
5. If you have a Facebook account, please check out Ellen’s new invention, a “feme” pronounced FEEM, a meme designed for Facebook here. And if you want to blog about NF, that would be great too!
Now the three things kaytee loves to see are:
1. A glorious sunrise like a ‘munchie’ dimpled smile
2. Dragonflies flitting over a lotus pond
3. Yvonne Foong’s smile after her eventual successful operation, made possible with your generous help
Instead of tagging anyone, I will ask all of who read this post to post KTemoc’s article on their blogs…Sorry KT, for not conforming to the required format, but i think the end justifies the means….🙂
3. End with the line, “Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF). Please find out how you can help her by visiting her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com